Ratna Tewari (nee Chakraverty) B.Tech, GCAMLP (Migration)Professional Status in AG: Immigration Consultant, Registered Australian Migration Agent (MARN 1679832)
Ratna handles immigration cases and visa applications for people who need a temporary or permanent visa or entry permit for the following countries:
- NEW ZEALAND (student visa applications only)
Ratna is a citizen of Australia and an Overseas Citizen of India. She is also a Permanent Resident of Canada.
Ratna was nominated for a Migration Institute of Australia (MIA) Award for her outstanding work by having a 457 Visa approved in just 11 days.
A Gold Medallist from REC Calicut, India, Ratna has lived in Australia since 2001.
Prior to entering immigration practice in Australia, she worked in Australia and overseas as a business, engineering and management professional for over 20 years in the following fields of industry:
– Civil, Structural and Architectural Engineering
– Project Management & Engineering Management
– Business Development & Bidding
– Change Management
– Project Engineering & Project Interface Coordination
– Risk Management
– Quality Management and Internal & External Quality Auditing
– Team Management
– Experience in the Oil & Gas, Mining, Petrochemical, Power, Water & Waste Water Management, Mechanical Heavy handling, Buildings and Infrastructure Industries
– Finance and Mortgage Broker
– Marketing & Media Business Director
– Event Management (Bollywood shows, Corporate events and MIA Annual conference)
Ratna is a competent and result-oriented professional with 22+ years of active global experience in most global markets spanning Australia, Middle East, India and North America, and in both private and public sectors.
By working globally she has acquired a much broadened knowledge about engineering and migration as well as the life & culture of people. She respects all cultures and also has a “Working with Children” Card for Australia which entitles her to work with children of all age groups.
Ratna has lived in Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth in Australia. She is quite well-known amongst the Indian subcontinent (Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi, Nepali & Middle Eastern) communities in Australia.
Ratna is a Registered Migration Agent in Australia (MARA). She has an average success rate of 98.76% to date. She believes that “where there is a will, there is a way”. She takes pride in her innovation and intelligence and innovative way to dealing with each client specific to their needs and situation. She says: “Migration to Australia is one of the biggest decisions of your life and should be left in the hands of those who display professionalism and ethical conduct. By using her to manage your case, you can significantly reduce the possibility that your application may be returned, refused, rejected or delayed.”
Ratna treats her client like a business partner rather than just a client – this is her major advantage. She is happy to spend time with her clients and consider several options before the decision on the visa type for application is made. Ratna is result-oriented and will ensure her client’s applications meet policy and legislative requirements, giving them the best possible chance for a successful outcome.
Having a strong technical experience, she is an expert for handling cases relating to these industry areas:
• IT Professionals
• Trades professions
• Doctors & Dentists
Ratna is a citizen of Australia but consults in and travels mostly between 3 countries –
India, Canada and Australia.
Ratna can handle immigration work in the following cases:
AUSTRALIA – Visa Applications & Other Immigration matters (with particular experience in the following):
• Skilled Migration Visa Applications (189/ 190/ 489)
• Employer sponsored Visa Applications (457, 186 & 187)
• Business Visa Applications (all types, including Business Innovation, Business Investment, Significant Investor and Premium Investor)
• Student and career counselling to ensure the correct pathway is selected
• Student Visa Applications
• Partner Visa Applications (Married couples or De-facto couples), Prospective Marriage Visa Applications
• Parent Visa Applications (Contributory & Non-Contributory)
• Child Visa Applications – Adoption Visas and Orphan Relative Visas
• Humanitarian & Refugee Visa Applications (Onshore and offshore)
• Citizenship Applications
• APPEALS for all refusals and cancellations – AAT (Administrative Appeals Tribunal) for cases concerning complex character issues, health issues, jurisdictional error issues, etc.
• Ministerial Intervention cases
• Revocation cases for Character ground cancellations
• Domestic Violence cases impacting Permanent Visa applications (after temporary Partner Visa has been granted)
NEW ZEALAND – student visa applications only
- Punjabi & Assamese – basic
Education & Admissions
- Bachelor of Technology (Architectural Engineering) – REC Calicut, India [view document]
- GCAMLP (Post Graduate Certificate of Australian Migration Law & Practice – Murdoch University, Australia) [view document]
- Post Graduate Certificate of Finance and Mortgage Broking – AAMC Australia [view document]
- Diploma of Child Day Care – Stonebridge Associated Colleges, UK [view document]
- Certificate in Six Sigma – Green Belt – Australian Institute of Management, Australia [view document]
Memberships & Accomplishments
- Member of Migration Alliance, Australia
- Member, Migration Institute of Australia (No. 13907)
- Member, Institute of Engineers, Australia (No. 2957455)
- Member, Steel Institute of Australia (No. 16864)
- Publication of 2 chapters in Piping Databook published globally by McGraw-Hill in 2000