Sam Hemachandra BLS, LLB, LLMProfessional Status in AG: Immigration Lawyer, Registered Australian Migration Agent
Sam is a citizen of Australia.
She handles handles immigration work including visa applications (see details below) for the following countries:
- SRI LANKA
She is a friendly, easy to approach, knowledgeable Senior Migration Consultant and Australian Immigration Lawyer. She has extensive experience in dealing with migration matters with respect to initial applications and appeals to the (formerly) Migration Review Tribunal (MRT, Australia), Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT, Australia) and the Federal Court of Australia.
Sam migrated to Australia when she was 10 years of age from Sri Lanka so she has first-hand experience in what it is like for anyone considering migration and the issues that families face in migrating to a new country. After migrating to Australia she attended Ursula Frayne Catholic College (Perth, Western Australia) and then Murdoch University, Western Australia where she obtained her law degree in 2003. Then she completed a Masters of Law at the University of New South Wales, Australia. Sam was admitted to practice as an Australian solicitor on 13 February 2004 and has been practising as a solicitor for the last 10 years.
Sam prides herself in her ability to think outside the square and in finding unique resolutions for issues that arise. She will go above and beyond the norm to ensure you receive the best possible representation.
Although a citizen of Australia, she consults in and travels regularly between the following cities/regions – Fremantle/Perth (Australia) and Colombo (Sri Lanka).
Sam can handle immigration work in connection with the following countries:
AUSTRALIA – Visa Applications & Other Immigration Matters
- Skilled visa applications and appeals – permanent residence (PR visas) and temporary residence (TR visas)
- Business visa applications and appeals (all types including Innovation & Investment)
- Student visa applications and appeals (including advice and selection of schools, colleges and universities, course/subject/curriculum selection in connection with later Permanent visa applications, organising enrolments leading to Confirmation of Enrolment)
- Partner (including marital, de facto or same-sex relationships) visa applications and appeals
- Parent visa applications and appeals
- Ministerial Intervention cases
- Migration Review Tribunal (MRT, Australia) appeal applications including complex health issues.
- Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT, Australia) appeal applications including cases concerning complex character issues.
- Federal Court of Australia appeal/review applications
- High Court of Australia appeals/review applications
- Substantial Expertise Area: Australian Immigration – Appeals (to MRT, RRT, AAT, Federal Court, High Court)
SRI LANKA – Visa Applications & Other Immigration Matters (all areas)
- Tourist visa applications to Sri Lanka
- Applications for Permanent Residency, Dual Citizenship and Citizenship
Education & Admissions
- Bachelor of Legal Studies, Murdoch University, WA (Australia)
- Bachelor of Laws, Murdoch University, WA (Australia) [view document]
- Master of Laws, University of New South Wales, NSW (Australia) [view document]
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of the New South Wales (Australia), enrolled on 13 February 2004
- Solicitor’s Practicing Certificate issued by the Legal Practice Board of WA (Australia)
- Registered Australian Migration Agent (MARN 1460546)
Memberships & Accomplishments
- Member of the Law Society of Western Australia (No. 107713)
- Member of Migration Institute of Australia (No. 6556)
- Member of the Law Council of Australia (No. 19543)